Want to read the most recent news and press mentions about OKFestival, or get a press release or one-pager to create your own piece? Browse external articles and posts in the media by writers and journalists in both Finnish and English below – and if you write something about OKFestival, let us know so we can add it here.
OKfest Press Brief
We have compiled a brief for all communications with the press. This is to ensure that the press coverage the OKFestival receives is accurate and our message is coherent and clear. We are looking to compile all the media coverage into one package for all the organisers to share.
For Information, interviews and press accreditation, or if you would like to join the press mailing list, please contact:
Animaya Grant, Head of Communications at the Finnish Institute in London: [email protected] / +44 207 404 3309
Please forward all press contacts and interview requests to the OKFestival press team at [email protected]
During the festival, Sini Palosaari will be responsible for all the press contacts. Her email address is [email protected] (or [email protected]) and phone number +358 40 5272597 (NB! Only in use during the festival).
Forward all media contact details to the press team: If you personally get an interview request or give out statements, please notify the press team so that they can keep track and ask for the published piece later.
Check direct quotes: If you give statements or a full interview, you have the right to check any direct quotes before publishing. This is a common practice and not against the freedom of press.
Mention the main organizers: If you give statements or full interviews, please kindly ask that the main organisers of the OKFest are mentioned; Open Knowledge Foundation, Finnish Institute in London and Aalto Media Factory.
Journalist accreditation: We are expecting approximately 20 journalists to be accredited for the event. The accreditation process requires a written confirmation from the journalist’s media/editor. The accredited press will receive a week pass for the festival, all available information on the event and help in organising interviews.
Media monitoring: We have a media monitoring contract covering the Finnish media (print, radio, TV) for the next three months. If you come across a news item in foreign media, please notify us at [email protected]
Photography: Along with other documentation and photography, we are hiring a press photographer for the event. We will manage this photography during the festival and the images – but they will be available for all the OKFest organisers.
OKFest In the Press
- * “Avoimen datan edistäjät kokoontuvat Helsinkiin” – Piece in Finnish magazine Kauppalehti about OKFestival 2012 (in Finnish)
- * “Avoimen tiedon suurtapahtuma Helsinkiin – Suomi voi ylpeillä edelläkävijyydellään” – Piece in Finnish magazine Tietoviikko about OKFestival 2012 (in Finnish)
- * “Open Knowledge Festival edistää avoimuutta ja kansalaislähtöisyyttä Helsingissä” – Piece in Finnish magazine MikroPC about OKFestival 2012 (in Finnish)
- * “Tapahtuma: Suomi näyttää mallia avoimessa datassa ja hallinnossa” – Piece in Finnish magazine Talouselämä about OKFestival 2012 (in Finnish)
- * “Maailman suurin avoimen datan tapahtuma järjestetään Suomessa” – Piece in Finnish magazine Tekniikka&Talous about OKFestival 2012 (in Finnish)
- * “Maailman suurin avoimen datan tapahtuma järjestetään Helsingissä” – Piece in Finnish magazine Markkinointi&Mainonta about OKFestival 2012 (in Finnish)
- * “Piilodata esiin ja otsikoihin” – Piece in Finnish magazine Journalisti about OKFestival 2012 (in Finnish)
- * “Tiedon avoimuutta vaativat liikkeet kokoontuvat Helsinkiin” – Piece in Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat about OKFestival 2012 (in Finnish)
- * “Defining Open Design as an Open Knowledge Domain” – Piece by Massimo Menichinelli on the ‘Pardon my Finnish’ blog about organising the festival’s first design-focused Topic Stream
- * “Opening Data and Opening the Mind” – Piece on BBC Outriders radio show about OKFestival and other open data-focused community initiatives
- * “2nd Call for Proposals Published, Experimentation Encouraged” – Piece by Kat Braybrooke at the Open Knowledge Foundation about the background of OKFest
- * “Open Data in Action” – Piece by Jindřich Mynarz from the Czech Republic about why he’s coming to Helsinki this year
- * “Recommended Event: OKFestival” – Piece by Kati from Pixelache in Helsinki about OKFestival 2012
- * “Major open knowledge event hits Finland” – Piece by Mari Lehtonen in Good News From Finland webpage
- * “Can You Contribute to the Open Knowledge Festival?” – Piece by the RSA Fellowship
- * “What Does ‘Open knowledge’ Have to do With ‘Open Development’?” – Piece about OKFest by Linda Raftree in Wait…What? blog
- * “Open Knowledge Festival Takes Over Helsinki” – Piece by the Finnish Institute in London, also shared by the Finnish Embassy in London and by the City of Helsinki
- * “The Open Knowledge Festival 2012” – Event posting by Social Innovation Europe
- * “Second Call for Proposals: Open Knowledge Festival” – Event posting by EPSIplatform Europe
- * “Open Knowledge Festival 2012” – Event posting by OpenAire (Open Access Infrastructure for Research) Europe
- * “Open Knowledge Festival Combined with Open Government Data Camp” – Event posting by SPIDER Centre
- * “Open Knowledge Festival” – Event posting by Gijs Hellenius on European Commission Joinup
- * “What’s Up in Finland: Open Knowledge Festival” – Piece by What’s Up? Finland
- * “Event: OKFestival” – Event posting by The Access Initiative
- * “Open Access – Open Knowledge Festival” – Piece by the Mediterranean Open Access Network
- * “Open Knowledge Festival” – Blog post by Peter Troxler
- * “Open Knowledge Festival” – Event posting by SITRA Innovation Fund
OKFest Press Releases
- “Finland at the Forefront of the International Open Knowledge Movement as OKFestival Comes to Helsinki” (18 June 2012)
- “Suomesta avoimen tiedon edelläkävijä – Open Knowledge Festival saapuu Helsinkiin syyskuussa” (18. kesäkuuta 2012)